10 December, 2010

The snow is melting!

To all those who are still reading my blog. The Christmas season is coming, or it could be here. There is only two weeks left before I will be back home on the 27th. Before that happens my time here in Aberdeen and then in Lithuania is going to be packed. It's going to be very busy so I hope that I will be able to come back on this blog to tell you everything but it is going to be hard. This weekend I'm going to Edinburgh (hopefully). If I don't go I will update you but at the moment that is the plan. Monday I'm going to a pantomime of Peter Pan. Tuesday I have coerced my friends to go to a Ceilidh. Wednesday will have me at the last whiskey tasting of the year... Thursday we are going out to dinner at the Brig O' Don, going to the Bobbin for the last Acoustic Night, and then a club (hopefully). I only have a essay that I have to finish sometime during that and a last oral exam in French on Wednesday. I'm sure there will be enough time.

Saturday I fly to Vilnius to see my host family for Christmas. I miss them so much and I can't wait. I keep dreaming about them.

I just thought I would mention the media in Scotland or the UK. First off, who heard of Prince William's engagement with Kate? I know this is old news. I mention it now because of how much they made a big deal of him giving her Di's ring. I think it sweet that he wants his mother to be apart of the whole thing. I mean they were really making him out as a bad person and that this ring should be forever memorized for his mum. Oh please. It gets worse though. There are books out about the Royal wedding and I swear I saw souvenirs already out. Perhaps it's the American in me but do you not think this is just a tad early? I really hope the Royals are getting money from the press and books. Apparently they need it.

One other aspect that has been in the papers... a lot, is that of x-factor. It's x-factor this or x-factor that. I had to watch a few episodes online to just see what it was all about. I mean really!? It's reality TV, there is so much drama it has to be staged, and some of these singers are just awful. However, I can't stop watching. Every time I go on YouTube I'm faced with the x-factor clips and I just click on them. Also, just because I've fallen into the black-hole of x-factor does not mean that others in Scotland has done the same thing. Other can resist the horrible-ness that is this creation of Simon Cowell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment