24 December, 2010

Travels Update

As this blog has nearly run it's course I thought to finally comment on the fact that I am in Lithuania now. I will post more on the actual goings on or update everything later.

I've been here since Monday and it has been great. I missed everyone. I missed the language, the food, the culture, and etc. I don't know what it was that I missed the most because I really can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the fact that I am in this country that is so special to me. Anyways it's Christmas Eve and Rima is making the famous dinner for tonight. It should be amazing. Yesterday I had a TV interview for the local news. That was scary. I was allowed to speak in English which is what I did. Then they had me talking to my host brother for a little bit. Don't know what they are going to use. I don't want to see what I looked like. I also forgot to mention the Rotary club. The lady asked though what I found different between Lithuania and America. May I ask this question in response, why does everyone make a big deal about being American or being some other country? People are people. They have their ups, downs, and sideways moods and behaviors. That is what I said basically. That is what I have found. I can say that people are less friendly in the stores or on the street to strangers or I can say people in the states feel like they are always happy. It's not true! People in the states are cruel to strangers in the store and there are Lithuanians who are always happy. The idea that people are different because of where they live is a load of s@#!. (though I am guilty of saying that when I talk about Scottish people)

Well Merry Christmas or Linkimu Kaledu. I'll talk more when I get back to the states. Fingers crossed that the snow will let up enough for this to happen according to plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment