09 November, 2010

9/11/2010

  I've written a few notes to talk about for the day.
 
  This morning was my first french exam in class. We were given 20 minutes to hurriedly answer everything. It really wasn't that much and it would have been just as simple as I'm used to. However, there is one thing  that I'm punishing myself for. It's one of those stupid mistakes you know but only once it's two late to do anything about it. "Nous Amions" or "we like" in french. I've done the conjugation of this verb so many times I should have it memorized. I know it. I was doubting myself as soon as I wrote it but this is what I put on my test "Nous Amieons"... Why Samantha? Why?
  Maybe it was that I wasn't functioning so early in the morning. Maybe it was the fact it was rushed. It could be from not studying hard enough (though I wouldn't have studied this). Who knows why but I know there is going to be one point off on that test and there probably were a lot more different mistakes. Yippee! To follow the theme I've added this nice song in French that I am enjoying to no end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSAwgCoy2s&p=A6D4B9CDB80CFB3C&index=2&playnext=2

then there is this one. I think I've already posted it but I can't remember. Je suis moi, which if I'm right, means I am me. I really like Shy'm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwC26FHxkA&p=A6D4B9CDB80CFB3C&feature=BF&index=9

  On another note on my way to this torture of a test, it started to hail. It wasn't big hail or even hard. It also melted a half hour later. It seems though that Aberdeen is lucky on this front. I read in the news and apparently winter has come early for the UK. The highlands and some of eastern (?) England are having problems with the large amount of snow that came over night. Time to crack out the salt and shovels. I already bought some good winter boots so I'm all set on that front. I might need a hat... though I say that every year for in the UP but I never buy one.

  Another note I wrote was that today I think I almost made my CE instructor cry. Well almost. He announces that next week there are no tutorials or lectures for next week. I couldn't stop my elated "yes". I love this class compared to the others but really I like breaks. He was laughing and said he didn't believe that I meant his class is bad. I had to smooth his hurt feelings before I actually left. You know I didn't like him at first because of how he falters through his speeches but he has become an okay professor. He is one of those nerdy professors with the thick glasses and follows shows like 'Merlin'. I can't be say anything on that since I like the same thing and I can't do the job either. Oh there was this other time in tutorial where he was offering a book for the class to read. Nobody needed it but he was just continually offering it for nearly three minutes. Finally I was like "I'll take it then". It was to just so we could get on with whatever complicated exercise he was making us go through. Everyone laughed, including him. I sometimes feel like I have become the class clown in this class.

One last note for today and then I'm on to actual work. I did a little grocery shopping so I can actually eat tomorrow. That's not the note though. What happened is that on my way back to my dorm room I have to go all around the building to the front door to get in. I was checking in the window if there was anyone I knew in the kitchen to let me in the fire exit. Well, I got caught by the porter. There was one girl from my hall but I changed my mind about asking her so I was turning around when the porter saw me. He was like "you know that you aren't supposed to go in that way". I was cranky and I didn't want to hear the lecture so I said "I know". Then he is like "then you know if we catch you we take away your id card and charge you £100". I didn't answer but kept walking around the dang building with him following me in his little car. Nothing happened and I went to have some dinner. What I should have said was "I was just debating if I wanted to scare my friend in the hall and that was all. I changed my mind though."
  Besides the layout of the hall is crazy stupid. It's a big U with only one actual allowed exit at the center. Well fook that. They need to add a legit door at the back or they should realize they should allow people out their "fire exits". It's freaking inconvenient and bloody ridiculous. Now I'm cranky all over just talking about it. I really hate being threatened. The door slams on the way out anyways so there is no worries about it not shutting. I know since I continually exit through it. Like I said it's easier then going all the way around.

Well hope everyone enjoyed my little notes. I have realized I've not actually said how I am doing but I figure you might be able to notice from my mood of text. I've noticed I swear a lot more when I get agitated. But I also am finding that I love it here. Don't take my complaining wrong... I just can't stop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment