26 November, 2010

Condensed week

   My week hasn't been as eventful as usual. Perhaps it was but I've already forgotten most of it. I did not write anything down in my journal so most of this is what I can remember. I'm trying to catch up since tomorrow I'm going to Glasgow (booyah baby!).  Most of my weekend was taken up with trying to get my work done. Except for a few hours at night time. It seems I've created monsters of my friends. I taught them how to play BS and now we play it almost every night. I suck at BS but it's great to try and screw with the two who are always constantly winning. Me? Spiteful? Never.

Tuesday dream


   Tuesday I was talking to a lot of my friends and family. Big mistake! I loved hearing from you all but I had the most awful dream that night. I still remember it because it really freaked me out. Basically I packed my clothes and went home without saying goodbye to any of my friends here. The dream was so real that I really felt like I was with my family. When in the dream it became the 18th I became panicked because that is when my ticket for Lithuania is, except for I'm flying out of Aberdeen with it. I was stuck in the states trying to get last minute plans to get back to Aberdeen. This is when in my dream I'm like... "no this is a dream, I wouldn't leave all my souvenirs, jewelry, and makeup in Aberdeen before I even travel to Lithuania" but in the dream I was convinced I wasn't dreaming but just acting crazy. About the time my beloved brother agreed to buy me a ticket to get back to Aberdeen I woke up for real. It took me a few moments to feel right. I really hate dreams like that. They are not pretty and my day is pretty messed up.

Wednesday
I couldn't let it get in my way. Wednesday was the big plan to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows with my friends Lisa and Amandine. I had missed the premier so there was no way I was missing it on Wednesday. For some reason though I felt sick all day (dream or food-poisoning) I don't know. I skipped my french Tutorial for the first time. When you are walking and you keep thinking to yourself that you don't want to puke here then it's time to lay down. So that is what I did. I laid down and slept for five hours till I got up for the movie. Yeah my priorities are great. I still felt like shit but I loved the movie and it was well worth the pain... At least I didn't throw up.

Thursday


   Most of our hall and a few friends went outside and made snowmen. We also had a small snowball fight. I avoided it till the end. It was fun. I will post the pics as soon as Lisa and Amanda post them. Some jerk smashed the snowmen in only an hour after we made it though.
  I also made a Thanksgiving Dinner.... sort of. I made green bean casserole, which I messed up because I bought cream of chicken and not cream of mushroom. I had mashed potatoes and gravy. Also I had sliced turkey from the store (no, I was not about to cook a turkey). I made enough for everyone but only one girl tried the casserole. The others didn't want to. I don't blame them. I wouldn't trust my cooking skills either. We had dinner together so that was all that mattered.
  Oh and Iveta finally told the Spanish people that they had to be more respectful for others in the kitchen. Whether they listen is another thing.

The Union Square sign


Friday


I skipped two classes of my Romans, Celts, Druids, Warriors, so it's only fair that the one time I do show up the Teacher then skips it. We all waited 20 minutes before leaving.
Iveta wanted to go shopping so down to the Union Center I went again. I am glad we did for we caught a International Market going on. It was wonderful! I didn't buy anything but the smells and different stalls were nice to smell and see. We then hit Primark, which is a really cheap store with nice clothes. I had to buy gloves since I lost one of mine. Definitely need a pair of those in this chilly weather.





Snow on the 'laying student'

Snow in King's Courtyard

Graduation day... I wonder about why some had light purple and others have light green?

International Market Fruit Stall



No comments:

Post a Comment