20 September, 2010

9/16/2010

toilet=bathroom, Asian=middle eastern, quid=pound


  What a horrible wake-up call the fire alarm makes. For some random reason the fire alarms went off, waking us all up. The only one not to go off was in the kitchen and that is the most important. Nobody knew how to turn them off so we waited for the landlord to inform us of how. It was an hour before we did. Turns out we were trying to shut off the wrong one. The one we were supposed to turn off was the one on the top floor in charlies room. She swears she wasn't smoking but it is a little hard to prove. The general consensus was to get some more sleep. Three of us woke up by 11 but Bry was in bed till 1.30 or 13:30. With Bry awake I wanted to walk around the block to get that Cornish pasty she promised we could buy. It was delicious! It's like steak stew with gravy and a flaky crust. I also had a sausage pie which was just as good. My new favorite drink is Lucozade energy. It tastes like the energy drinks back home and they are just as unhealthy.

Energy that I love

  On our way back Bry told me one of the top news story that happened a month ago. Apparently in her neighborhood there was a man who first murdered his girlfriend and then went on a rampage. That's lovely to hear. On our way we also got slightly lost. The neighborhood was nice looking and multicultural which was why I asked to walk down a different street. That was what got Bry confused. I wasn't worried and I loved it. I got to pass by a cemetery.
  If you don't know, I like to compare cemeteries. I am not morose or fascinated by death but more on the history of the places and how the living take care of their dead. The few cemeteries I have seen in Newcastle were tightly packed and with headstones that are wearied by time, moss covered, and a dull gray. It wasn't taken care of like it was in Lithuania, and they are taken care of less then in the states as well. I love it!
My night time was another adventure this night. We all got proper showers, dressed up, and then went clubbing. This time I wore my flats and I was able to keep up with the pace. We were joined by another friend called Rachael, who is a woman far more reserved than the other three. She is much like me and we got to talking more. I won't go through too many details on the night. This time we got in the Hancock and I am glad that we did then and not the other night before. There were a lot more people! It cost unfortunately to get in. Only £4 but still it was supposed to be free. This meant that Jem went directly to work. Charlie and I had more fun playing pool with two devilish blokes. Bry and Rachael had less fun so we all left by 23:50 to continue the night at different places.
  Right, long story short. Charlie and I got split up from Bry and Rachael, who had the money and working phones. Luckily we met up with some random guys and the chaperoned us to a sweet club (by my standards) called Bamboo. It was a group of Irish men and we danced till 2. It turns out Bry found a guy as well to come over and chat. However they left before Charlie and I returned. Charlie's fit Irish man, who paid for our taxi, stayed the night. Bry, Rachael, and I had some more fun talking before we all went to bed. It was the most fun night.

There are no pictures of the night and the few pictures I took during the day are on Bry's camera. My bad.

1 comment:

  1. I'll send you them! Want the one of Charlie in the cage at Sinners?

    ReplyDelete