21 September, 2010

9/19/2010

duvet=quilt/stuffing

  Well my night was shit! First off since I am on the ground floor there were people in and out of all the doors and were really loud in the hallways. I already miss having a fan. Might need to pay for one of those. Second since I decided to wait for my duvet and cover I was covered only by a sheet. I was freezing! Lastly at 1:30 in the morning the fire alarm goes off. That's right, that is the second time a fire alarm has gone off while I have been in the UK in just a matter of days. Am I lucky or what?
  Since I was so cold I woke up early (after I went back to sleep that is). I wanted to go online but no such luck again. I warmed up a bit in the other building before I took another nap.
When I finally woke up for good, Ari and I then went searching for a marketplace so we could buy food and I could get a dang blanket and pillows.
  After shopping, in which I got what I wanted, I met more people in my own hall. We all share a common kitchen so that is how I met them. Guess how this world gets smaller and smaller (well not too small since I really don't have any connection to her)? One of the girls I am sharing a kitchen with is Lithuanian! With her and a girl from Sweden, we got to know more about each other during a small meal I made.

So that was my Sunday.

  Oh okay there was one last thing I did. I went exploring and got utterly lost for three hours. What's worst, I waited too long to start and it got dark by the time I was even slightly aware of which way to go. Everything worked out but my feet are throbbing.

(no pictures, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment