19 September, 2010

First Night in the UK

9/14/2010 continued

bin=trashcan, slag-hore, eggs and soldiers=eggs and sliced butter toast, crisps=chips, chips=fries, advert=commercials, flag=a drag on a cig

potato waffles!

horrid joke: What's the difference between the french and toast? The toast makes better soldiers....

What an adventure! The train was fun. I mentioned my bags getting split up and i was slightly nervous of that because I couldn't see one of them. It turned out to be okay. I talked a bit with a friendly gal heading to Edinburgh. She helped me a bit.
  I then missed my connection to Newcastle by seconds. Try hauling two suitcases up one flight of stairs to haul it back down another. Luckily there was another train soon after but I was nearly half an hour late compared to what I told my friend. At least she was waiting and so i got a few hugs. We then took a taxi to her place which was only some £5.20. Apparently though that is a little expensive for a taxi to charge. I didn't think it that much and I liked it. I met Charlie first, one of Bry's housemates. To describe her I would say she is someone that is comfortable with herself. When she talks though she makes everything so funny. We watched a little TV to relax before one of Bry's other housemates returned from her boyfriend's. My impression of Jem is that she is more together and calmer than Bry and Charlie. The night was looking to be a let down however. I was all set to have a good time after I freshened up a bit but it didn't look like that was the plan. It took some bad news for Charlie for the night to pick up. Now before you coat me with a paint of "horrible person", the bad news wasn't anything major. It was just a friend, who has an eighteenth birthday coming up, sending a mass text that invited everyone to her place, but the thing was she hadn't talked to Charlie about canceling the plans they had made.
  So that was revealing a little too much information. I really go into detail because it just goes to show how people aren't much different. The little dramas to go through are in and everywhere.
  I had some Scottish mead that tasted a lot like Svetenia! The Lithuanian drink that means something like for your health. We talked for the start but then we ended up just listening to Charlie. I wasn't tired what-so-ever and remember I only had those few hours on the Atlantic flight. I was slightly surprised that I was still going but however it was 2 am here by the time I could not keep my eyes open. Charlie was so good as to give me her bed and the other girls continued to play rock band till much later. I was going to continue this but it is too freakin cold and I will write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment