03 September, 2010

Before the Start

I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now. With my time to Scotland now ten days away, I thought it a good time to start this. My first thought is to say that traveling to Lithuania before did not prepare me enough for arranging trips. I had Rotary to back me up and do so much for me. I appreciated what they did for me before and now I appreciate it even more. I had tickets, visas, funding, paperwork, and a home all arranged for the most part. My largest problem was with getting my visa. I was so wracked with worry over my visa, but it was well worth. I just want to keep bragging about it. Then problems with my financial backing from Albion also keeps popping up. Packing for Scotland is the one thing I think I have down-packed. Ah well, I think that is a little too much complaining. I think I will feel a larger sense of accomplishment when I finally get over there and there are no more problems.

On the positive note, with ten days away before I leave I am finally getting excited. Before it felt like it wasn't real. It has always been my dream to live in the United Kingdom and now I am almost there. There is so much that I want to do, see, and be a part of, I hope that I will be able to do it. What I must do is wrap my mind around the fact that I am only going for four months and not for ten. Well on to it.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your adventure, Sam. I look forward to hearing about your travels and seeing Scotland through your lens. Be safe and enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete