21 September, 2010

9/18/2010


random train in the UK

Took a taxi by myself to the train station. I managed to figure out my platform and connections. The way is to Edinburough Waverly again but this time through the country. There will be a stop in Carlisle. Want to know the reason I was told why? Apparently it turns out that someone was hit on the tracks in Leeds and they had maintenace work being done then. After EW I then take the train to Aberdeen to arrive at 4:50 pm. It is an extra hour.

When I arrived at the Aberdeen station, I found the Aberdeen group that was supposed to get the free bus to our accommodation. Turns out there was a traffic jam and people weren't moving down past Hillhead. We took a taxi then, which turned out to be a bust as well. We got to be five blocks away before Hillhead when our side of traffic stopped. The rest of those in the van and I, had to drag our luggage the rest of the way. Yipee!

my new room (a day later)
My room smells of new paint but I am pleasantly surprised about it. I thought it was going to be more like a flat with rooms surrounding a common area. Instead it is a lot like that at Albion dorms. However that wasn't what was so pleasant. What I love is that I get a room to myself and the size of the room is comfortable for me.
They were selling those freshers packs now and that peeves me a bit. I tried to buy it online and, when I couldn't, I brought some of my own items. I wasn't about to buy items I had already so I decided to wait to buy in a store.

I made a new friend. Her name is Ari and she is an Italian foreign student studying chemistry. It turned out we are only a hallway apart so that will be nice.

That's basically it. While I could have gone out, I couldn't convince Ari to go with me and I am too nervous to go by myself (to be fair). I also think that I did my partying for the month and I am all set. Besides I am too worried about getting situated. Anyways I will have ample time to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment