15 October, 2010

10/15/2010

Check out the Nessie post. I added a little more. I also explain why I am not going to be posting anything else but I changed my mind for one second. I wrote this down so it doesn't take any thinking which is good for my friend who is falling asleep as she talks to me.

Monday I was given free pass to complain about Aberdeen uni and the program that is in place for exchange students from the states. I couldn't complain though. Yes there were a few suggestions I had but how Albion prepares its students as well as how Aberdeen accepts their students, I had nothing to complain about. Now that I think of it though there is one thing about Aberdeen acceptance and it's a minor thing, there are a lot of pamphlets and most of it was sent to me more than once. Told you it was minor. At times though I felt overloaded with information. The idea for the big handbook that we received at orientation was just fine.

I told Debra if I ever think of a complaint or idea I would post it here on my blog. I plan to. She also asked me how I was adapting to the cars driving on the other side of the road. I realized I haven't talked of this yet. I will later though. It's a douzy trying to understand those feelings.

Oh and Albion in ancient times meant "people from Albion".

10/17/2010 Addition

So I am following up on the driving-on-the-other-side adaption. Now yes sometimes it gets to me that they aren't on the same side as at home. On crossing the street I already look both ways. I have always looked both ways. If there is a car coming I don't cross. If there isn't one I cross. It doesn't matter which side they are coming from. So that is why I think that the fact they are driving on the other side of the road doesn't bother me as much. Since I am not driving then that also means it won't be a problem. When they are parked that is a different problem. I always get a surprise when I walk on the right side of a car and there is a person behind the wheel. That's basically it. I jump everytime when that happens (not literally but darn close). Otherwise I believe it isn't that big of an adaption as people say it is. Just a little time and I think I passed that. Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment