05 October, 2010

Tuesday Biterness


outside Kings College

  If I always gave you cheerful outlooks you would be surprised. Since I want to make this at possible a true feeling and blog of my time I have to show you my downs as well as my ups. So far I have done the least amount of complaining (yeah this has been my least amount. I am such a belly-acher) and griping. Today I want to scream and moan. I really had a whole lot of cuss words to throw out there but since I do have people I look up to reading this I will just have to try and minimize on that aspect. You can avoid reading this though because most of it is just a rant.

Old Aberdeen Town Hall
My day isn't even over though once I finish with these next two tutorials and skip my lecture I am going to crash. If you haven't heard I caught the 'Freshers flu'. I knew I would. I catch it every year but it became obvious when 5 of the girls in my hall became sick. It was only a matter of time no matter that I washed my hands like I had OCD (or whatever disorder it is), drank liquids, and was well rested. Only a matter of time. I started feeling it on my birthday and now it is at it's worst. Last night I couldn't sleep because I am congested and my room is so bloody hot (I am afraid of leaving my window open because I am on the ground floor. Drunks can be asses). This morning I had a 9 am class. Oh yipee! I woke up after only a few hours of sleep to do the one thing my spinning self wanted to do. I locked myself out of my room. I had clothes and shoes on at least so I staggered to the porters to open my door. This is my last free 'get-into-jail'. I've already had three of them. Next time I have to pay £3 (I just know I am going have to pay that a lot).

I should have just took the hint and crawled back into bed. Took the bus down to king's college because there ain't no way my head could take the walk. I swear I am not hungover. I keep thinking people are going to think that of me. The bus ride was hell. I pucked before class. Stuck around because this was my first class for this course. I thought I felt better anyways. Middle of class I went and pucked some more. Didn't miss much because the instructor asked the group to answer some questions. The students didn't even bother to tell him that the page he gave them didn't have the questions till he got back in the room. To be fair I wouldn't have said anything either, even if I wasn't barfing my brains out. Went back to class. Yep went back to class. Stuck through it. Even tried to speak up. Damn instructor! Had the nerve to say "well that would be American English but in British English we use 'can' as the translation". Well fook you!

I am sticking it out. Why the hell not. I am complaining so as penance I will go to my tutorials. Lets just see how this all works out...

I knew there was another reason why I was sticking it out through tutorials. They are required and I really would have missed alot if I would have decided to climb back in bed. Lets face it I was sorely tempted. I am just going to give these last thoughts before the rest of my day is going to be tea drinking and sleep. Probably some catch up reading for the 9am lecture I have in tomorrow. If I am so sick why am I typing then? I ask that to myself as well but I want to type this when it is fresh since I obviously have a small problem with writting it down.

popular crisps (not the flavor but brand)
Well the CE1031 was the let down I knew it was going to be. This is the "faltering professor". My mood didn't get better when I found out he is going to post the articles we are reading in our books online. These are the books I already bought! Of course. Then the girl next to me was all hyper and talking a mile a minute. I think I was pretty good at acting nice. She introduced me as a likeable person to the class. Okay I like her ecentricty I just wasn't in the mood to be talking. The professor divided us in groups and I had her. Now while I liked her ecentricity as a person it turned out she is the  kind of person who thinks she knows everything about the celtic history. I wanted to scream "why are you taking this damn class?" Oh wait, I know why. It is because she got everything wrong. I was actually silently cheering the professor on as he shot her down, well at least I was until he called on me to give my thoughts. Now that I think, I know what I should have said (of course). As it was I agreed with the girl next to me. Why? Don't ask me why. I just didn't like being put on the spot like that.

biscuits not cookies
Now the next tutorial. Finally a lecturer I like! It was so worth the flushness, dizziness, and quesyness to sit through it. We went over much already stated in the lectuer (a small let down to say the least) but progress was made as we were divided into groups for the presentation we have later on in the semester. I hate this time of choising groups because that usually means people go by who they know or judge to be the smarter. I was worried that was what were going to have to do but it turned out that we just went by who we were sitting next to. Not as good as the professor randomly choosing but it was okay. It didn't work out that I only got one other partner. I thought it was supposed to be three and four? To boot he is fit so now I have to worry about just talking around him. We ended up getting Africa Security as our topic. hmm... I know nothing of Africa but that's just fine by me. I can get some understanding at least and International Security in Africa is a huge topic that we won't run out of things to point out in our presentation. 

Well that's it for today. I swear it. I really am going to just crash. If you read all that best to you. Thanks for reading my rant. The pics I added are just an extra to mellow out the aggravation.
Another Courtyard shot in King's College
A paved street in Old Aberdeen
A inn (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment