18 October, 2010

18/10/2010

A few days ago, my friend Iveta said that she could spot an American on the street. On one hand I wanted to ask how she could tell so then I could alter myself so I could not be spotted by others. On the other hand isn't this another form of racial profiling. Should I encourage a thought that one should look at others on the street and guess what country they come from?

I still asked and she gave me two points only. One was that we have a certain walk. 'Huhn'. I guess I could change that but I don't know if I do the walk. I was too afraid to ask that point. I really don't want to be told 'you walk like an American'. Whatever that should mean? Also she said that Americans wear sunglasses. At this point I had been walking with mine on so it was another 'huhn' moment. If you don't know what that means, I only am saying that as a head slap or grunt. Take your pick. Now here is the crux of my problem. I could try to abandon my sunglasses in favor of being more european or I can keep them on as it is more comfortable for me. I really should just lie and say I have been prescribed (is that the word?) to have sensitive eyes. I would believe it since I get headaches when I stay in the bright sun with no sunglasses for too long. Guess then I am going to be spotted as an American. It's not as bad as it could be, right?

So while I am not finishing any of my past posts today I thought I would give that little tidbit for everyone. Now on to my work. 'huhn' :P

Oh and I found out one of the singers I like is from around Glasgow. I am now on a Amy Mcdonald (that should have given it away right?) binge and I am listening to all her music. I wanted to go to her concert here in Aberdeen but the tickets were sold out and I can't get anyone to go with me to see her in another city. Bah. Check out her newest song if you get the chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi557TMssE8&p=5CF5F24F96506CD2&index=1&feature=BF

No comments:

Post a Comment