28 October, 2010

26/10/2010 Random Thoughts

Oh this Sunday and Monday (24th and the 25th) was I ever productive. Don't you just love those days? I actually did all my required reading and was more or less prepared for the week. I forgot to mention that. The only reason I mention it now is because of how happy that I've kept that up. Well for the most part at least.

These are really random notes from my journal during the day.

1) There is this sign on a building:

this is from the internet. the real sign was KEEP OUT

I don't know what this says about my mood but I was thinking, "only a danger? that's just a dare to some idiots." To go on, my friend and I bought a pop and she saw that on the cap is 'open with hand'. All I can think of is "which dumb smuck broke a tooth and then sued the company?"

2) Celtic professor is providing a biblio for all the essay work!? Hmmm... I'm not going to complain about that but shouldn't college students (granted its a first year course) be able to find their own scholarly information?

3) My blog title is correctly named. Everything around here has a thistle. There are thistles on the signs, tour buses, and souvenirs. If you want to be technical, the name is for a tourist point of view. However, I'm not going to get technical.

4) I did french homework on the River Don. I found a bench in a nice place. The day was beautiful and the water rushed so loud that it's like a vacuum of sound. It has been pointed out in the pamphlet for international students that they should find a comfortable niche for yourself. I belief it the best advice. I loved this spot and hopefully it won't be stolen on the beautiful days. There were a few too many people running past though so maybe next time I will try a cemetery.

5) I saw the most adorable dog and I wanted to pet it so much but I learned my lesson from the last two times. I just wanted to pet the dog for a few seconds and I can't seem to get rid of the strangers who just continue to talk about the dog, the weather, their family, and asking about me. I don't want to seem rude so I answer or I encourage them talking. Well as much as I want to pet their beautiful dogs I'll sustain. Perhaps for a little bit at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment