19 October, 2010

19/10/2010

  So there was something I did learn. I forgot to mention it. I forgot even how or who actually asked it, since I didn't. If you ever see "L"'s on cars or motorbikes then you are looking at a first learner. They are required to have this sticker on their vehicles for an entire year after getting there first license. The reason I forgot to mention it was because I really didn't find this all news-breaking. Now however I keep seeing them and I though today was a good enough day to say it.


  I believe the honeymoon is over. I am more tired and I am retreating from people more often. I still go out and I still make sure that I go to events once in awhile but it has become that I make myself. Oh don't get me wrong as soon as I get out I have a good time. I just am comfortable with it ending after a short time. I've been blaming my homework but I realize that I just am more comfortable with being by myself. Do I take the time to think more on important issues? Not likely though I do try a bit. 
  Today in french tutorial I was so close to tears. I didn't but we were going over his expectations for how a good French to English translation should be. I wasn't looking at the French. I was looking at the English. I wasn't seeing anything wrong with the grammer. What I was looking at looked like proper English but apparently there were a few problems between the translation and the original French that it wasn't parallel. How on Earth am I to get a good score on my upcoming assessment then? French is getting me completely frustrated. It's my own fault I don't put enough into learning vocabulary or listening to other examples of French. So I get frustrated when I don't know the answer. It's a feeling of being lost.
  The only class that I feel like I actually know something is what I have never even studied before. My Celtic course is what I am now enjoying better then International Security or French. I still can't stand the teacher and I've gotten now in the habit of sucking on lemons to stay awake during his actual lecture. It does the trick at least. I think what it is though is all the reading he suggests that I've been keeping up with so even though I'm thoroughly not listening to him I know what is going on already.

Oh right I knew I had a point for this blog. It was to give advice to the future students that come to Aberdeen. In the near future at least. A Society that should have so much promise and is just mostly hyp is that of the International Society. They do have great events and celebrations but right now they are so disorganized. It's important that you have to be prepared for that. One has to be able to accept a change in plans in any environment I guess. I've done it all the time since leaving high school. (digressing though) I tried to buy a ticket this Monday at 10 am to go to St.Andrews. There were people waiting for at least an hour before me but really it came down to who is the fastest to the door. They didn't set up a queue. Also after waiting an hour, it turns out they only arranged for fifty seats. There was at least seventy other students (me included) who were put on a waiting list. That's fine. Today I got an e-mail saying I should pick up my ticket Thursday, which I definitely will and then this Saturday I go to St. Andrews. As of yet I don't actually know where that is. It was another trip so I signed up. This is the same group that failed at organizing the trip  to Loch Ness. I still had a blast at that so I'm not worried overly too much.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment